I’ve always been a savory breakfast person. Leftovers from dinner the night before with two eggs fried on top is usually my go to in the morning. But when we have guests or it’s the weekend and Tyler is home, I try to make something everyone will enjoy. This breakfast casserole is always my go to for a big crowd–it feeds a lot of people, is super easy, can be jazzed up if need be and people love it!
I often use this recipe as a base and add in whatever else I have in my fridge. Don’t have sausage? Sub out for any meat you have on hand! Have some yummy veggies? Throw them in! I’ve done a bacon and mushroom version that was delicious.
Below is how to make your own!
Ingredients for The Best Breakfast Casserole Ever
- 16 oz breakfast sausage, cooked
- 16 oz refrigerated canned biscuits
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 c milk
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Grease 9×13″ baking dish with butter or cooking spray
- Cut biscuits into small squares and spread evenly on the bottom of the baking dish
- Top with cooked sausage and half of the cheddar cheese
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper
- Pour eggs evenly over sausage/biscuit/cheese mixture in baking dish
- Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven
- Top with remainder of cheese
- Return to oven for 10-15 minutes, until biscuits are cooked through
What is your go to breakfast when you have guests? In the mood for something else? Check out our other recipes here!