We’re back with another 10 minute Modge Podge and glitter DIY! Glitter lights is the perfect way to upcycle all those burned out bulbs you have laying around. This is super easy and is a great decor item to add to tablescape, as a vase filler or other holiday display.
Materials for Glitter Lights:
- Old C-9 style bulbs or similar
- Modge Podge (any glue that dries clear would work)
- Paint brush
- bowl or something to catch glitter
- Paint bulb with a thin, even layer of glue.
- Cover bulb in glitter. It worked best for me to pour glitter onto the bulb over a bowl and then roll the bulb in the bowl to make sure I covered it completely.
The bulb above was a clear bulb. Below is a picture of the same process with a red bulb. If you are using a different color glitter, you will be able to see some of the original color come through. If that bothers you, you could either paint the bulb first or use the same color glitter as the bulb. It didn’t bother me too much and you have to look pretty hard to see that it was a originally a different color.
Continue until you’ve done all the bulbs!