This tailgate recipe is sponsored by Regency Centers. Read to the end of this post for a chance to win $500!
If you’re on the hunt for the easiest, most delicious tailgate recipe, look no further! This buffalo chicken dip satisfies any appetizer craving and feeds a crowd.
This has been a crazy year, to put it lightly, but it’s been so fun to have some semblance of normalcy with the start of football season. Whether you’re a die hard fan or, like me, more in the I hope both teams have fun and stay safe camp, I think we can agree that appetizers unite all of us.
I love this dip because you can make it to fit anyone’s taste. The cream cheese and ranch help to balance the kick of the buffalo sauce but if you like less of a kick, you can lessen the amount of buffalo sauce used.
Shredding chicken is honestly the most annoying part but I’m going to let you in on a little hack: shred your chicken in your KitchenAid mixer. I’m not kidding. Add the cooked chicken breasts or thighs in to the mixer. Use the flat beater attachment. Turn mixer on 2-4 until all chicken is shredded. It’s so easy! In a big rush? Grab a rotisserie chicken to cut down even more on prep time!
This dip is a great addition to your appetizer rotation because not only is it easy, but it feeds a crowd. For, you know, when it’s safe to tailgate in places other than our couch again someday.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 (8 oz) brick of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Bleu cheese crumbles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, heat chicken and Buffalo sauce on medium high heat. Stirring frequently.
- Stir in cream cheese and Ranch dressing. Stir until blended and warm.
- Mix in cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
- Pour in to oven-safe dish. Top with Parmesan and Blue cheese crumbles (if preferred).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve with vessel of your choice. I love sliced baguette, celery, chips, and carrots.
Save chicken shredding time by using your Kitchenaid Mixer with the flat beater attachment. Add cooked chicken to mixer and use the flat beater until chicken is shredded.
Or, save even more time by picking up a rotisserie chicken!
Tame the amount of Buffalo kick by using less.
Tailgate Recipe Giveaway
We are excited to partner with Regency Centers for the Ultimate Tailgate Takeout Giveaway! Want to win $500 to the grocer of your choice? Enter to win the #RCTailgateTakeout giveaway by clicking here. Conditions apply. Giveaway ends 10/16. Good luck!