Brittany and Heather had the honor of speaking with Brynne Kennedy, the Democratic challenger to Republican incumbent Tom McClintock in CA’s 4th Congressional district. Brynne comes from a family of veterans, a career in tech, and lives here in the 4th district. Heather and Brittany ask Brynne about current events, such as the pandemic, access to healthcare, wildfire prevention, and where she believes we need to focus our attention to support BIPOC in our country. Also discussed is why mothers, in particular, should care about politics, and how to overcome the partisan attitude that turns many off to politics in the first place.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR
- Why politics is something we must actively participate in
- Why people shy away from politics
- The importance of community over partisanship
- Tom McClintock’s (the 4th District’s incumbent) track record and how it is misaligned with the people he represents
- The importance of the increase in women in politics
THINGS WE MENTIONED
- Brynne mentioned Emerge, a training program that recruits, trains and provides a network for Democratic women seeking office.
Learn More About Brynne Kennedy
To learn more about Brynne Kennedy, the district she represents, and her platform, click here.
To volunteer to work on Brynne Kennedy’s campaign, click here.
To donate to the Brynne Kennedy for Congress campaign, click here.
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at [email protected]! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!