Motherhood and mental health is something that we discuss frequently because it is an ever evolving process. In this episode adapted from our Summer Series, we talk to Andrea, a counselor and mental health expert. She has a degree Child and Family Development from Arizona State and has a masters in counseling. She founded Bloom Healing, which provides individual and group counseling specializing in addiction, anxiety, depression, sexual abuse, trauma, and childhood behavior. She is also a mother of three. You can follow along with Andrea on Instagram.
What To Listen For
- What your emotions are really saying about how you’re feeling
- Why mothers specifically can struggle with mental health
- Practical, in the moment techniques to apply
- How to quiet the “committee in your head”
Things We Mentioned
- This NY Times article was also mentioned (originally heard referenced on Young House Love Has a Podcast). We can’t all do everything perfectly all at once and we shouldn’t put that pressure on ourselves as moms, or on our kids!
- Andrea mentioned a few resources, including these books:
- Loving What Is by Bryron Katie
- The New CoDependency by Melody Beattie
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen by Adele Faber