We’re back from our summer break and ready to celebrate this weird summer of cautious fun. That’s a thing, right? We’re talking about a little bit of everything, including what we’ve been up to, products that are saving our sanity, and what we’ve been watching and reading. And what would an episode be in 2021 without discussing the pandemic? With California ending the mask mandate, we talk how we’re feeling going back to “normal”, our unvaccinated kids, and some reflections on what we have learned over the last year and a half.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: Summer of Cautious fun
- What we’ve been up to since our kids have been home for summer break
- Our thoughts on California reopening
- Why reflecting on the last year and a half is so important
- Books we’ve read so far this summer
- TV shows we’re loving
- Products helping us keep our sanity
THINGS WE MENTION
- The pool Brittany discussed is sold out! Boo!
- Kids leaving toothpaste all over the bathroom counter? These toothpaste dispensers are a lifesaver and will keep your counters (mostly) spotless!
- We love a good face mask, and this Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme mask is amazing! It’s a bit of a splurge, but you only use a small amount each time, so I think the price per use will end up being relatively inexpensive.
- Heather recently read The Mothers, The Vanishing Half, and The Four Winds.
- Brittany has been reading The Wreckage of My Presence and The Woman In Cabin 10.
- We’ve been on a major salad kick! Follow along on Instagram to see them all!
HOW TO SUPPORT OUR PODCAST
We now have a Patreon. Patreon is a way to help support the Okayest Moms. Monthly subscriptions can be done in $1, $3, and $5 increments. We couldn’t create the content we love to create without your support, and are so appreciative of the big and small ways that our community supports us!
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at [email protected]! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!