Brittany and Heather talk implementing chores, kids, and teaching financial literacy at a young age. They share how chores work in their respective families, how much allowance their children earn, and touch on some of their values around teaching the value of a dollar and the importance of hard work in their kids.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: Chores
- What kind of chores Brittany and Heather had growing up
- Their philosophies as parents on the topic of chores, kids, and financial literacy
- What makes a chore vs. what’s an expectation of living in a family
- How much and when to pay kids
- How they let their kids spend their money
- A brainstorm of possible chores for ages 5-9
HOW TO SUPPORT OUR PODCAST
We now have a Patreon. Patreon is a way to help support the Okayest Moms. Monthly subscriptions can be done in $1, $3, and $5 increments. We couldn’t create the content we love to create without your support, and are so appreciative of the big and small ways that our community supports us!
Things we mentioned: Chores + Kids
These toothpaste dispensers are great to reduce the toothpaste mess in bathrooms, which makes it slightly easier for kids to clean.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at [email protected]! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!