Brittany and Heather talk about kids in sports and how to navigate sports culture. The discuss what sports they participated in as a child, how they approach their kids playing sports, and how to find balance between finding the joy in athletics and being a full out sports mom.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: Sports mom
- How Brittany and Heather decide how many activities their kids can do at a time
- Striking the balance between serious competition and the joy of sports
- How their experience of childhood athletics is shaping how their kids play
THINGS WE MENTIONED
- To be a sports mom, you need a comfy chair. Heather loves this one with the little side table to hold your coffee at those early morning games. Brittany loves this one.
- Tell everyone just exactly what an Okayest Sports Mom you are with this travel mug. Bonus- it fits perfectly in the cupholder of the chair linked above!
With back to school season upon us, health is on the forefront of every parent’s mind, which is why we’re excited to partner with Hiya Health.
Meet Hiya – a daily children’s multivitamin created by dads with 12 organic fruits & veggies and zero added SUGAR. While many other vitamins are candy in disguise, Hiya has zero artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, dyes, or gummy junk and delivers a cleaner, better option for kids.
We also love that the packaging is practically zero waste. Your first order will come with a refillable glass jar (with stickers so your child can decorate it). Then every month, they send eco-friendly vitamin refills…with zero plastic waste like you get with most vitamins. So it’s not just good for you — it’s also good for the environment.
For a limited time your first order is just $15! (a $15 savings) And shipping is FREE!
To get this deal go to okayestmoms.com/hiya.
Share your Okayest mom moment
We’ve all had Okayest Mom Moments. Those moments in motherhood that make you pause and whisper “WTF?” under your breath. Those moments that are so unique to motherhood that if you don’t laugh, you might cry. These stories are meant to reassure you that no one is doing motherhood perfectly, and that there is beauty in the imperfection.
We’d love to feature yours on the podcast! Leave us a message at (916) 778-0545, or email us at [email protected].
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at [email protected]! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!