Heather and Brittany reveal whether or not they are Animal People, and talk about the impact family pets have on their families. They talk about having to say good bye to their family dogs, and their plans to add pets to their respective families in the future.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: family pets
- The role pets played in Brittany and Heather’s childhoods
- Their first pets as adults
- Losing your first family pet
- Plans for adding pets in the future
THINGS WE MENTIONED: Family pets
- Heather recently discovered Anne Helen Petersen after reading Can’t Even: How Millennials Became the Burnout Generation. I recently found her Substack, kind of like a newsletter, and recently she shared an article about youth sports called Against Kids’ Sports. It felt like an extension of Episode 75, but with a much deeper dive on the cultural impact of the competitive youth sports culture.
- Fairy Dog Heaven is a great book to help kids with the loss of the family pet dog
- Homeward Bound– a golden retriever rescue in the Sacramento area
With back to school season upon us, health is on the forefront of every parent’s mind, which is why we’re excited to partner with Hiya Health.
Meet Hiya – a daily children’s multivitamin created by dads with 12 organic fruits & veggies and zero added SUGAR. While many other vitamins are candy in disguise, Hiya has zero artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, dyes, or gummy junk and delivers a cleaner, better option for kids.
We also love that the packaging is practically zero waste. Your first order will come with a refillable glass jar (with stickers so your child can decorate it). Then every month, they send eco-friendly vitamin refills…with zero plastic waste like you get with most vitamins. So it’s not just good for you — it’s also good for the environment.
For a limited time your first order is just $15! (a $15 savings) And shipping is FREE!
To get this deal go to okayestmoms.com/hiya.
SHARE YOUR OKAYEST MOM MOMENT
We’ve all had Okayest Mom Moments. Those moments in motherhood that make you pause and whisper “WTF?” under your breath. Those moments that are so unique to motherhood that if you don’t laugh, you might cry. These stories are meant to reassure you that no one is doing motherhood perfectly, and that there is beauty in the imperfection.
We’d love to feature yours on the podcast! Leave us a message at (916) 778-0545, or email us at email@example.com.
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!