The Okayest Moms talk to Giselle Schroer about how hormones, nutrition, and wellness work together. The older we get, the harder it can be to keep any one of those in check, and Giselle shares how focusing on one can improve the others. Giselle also shares some of her favorite go to weeknight meals that are easy to prepare but will also keep you on track for your nutrition goals.
Giselle is a personal trainer, nutrition coach, mom to two busy boys and owner of Giselle Schroer Health and Wellness. She helps women learn to love and nurture their bodies through nutrition and fitness. She doesn’t believe in quick fixes, elimination diets, or anything where you have to restrict foods you love. She believes in a whole body, balanced approach and that the relationship between coach and client is a partnership as well as a friendship. She’s helped hundreds of women learn to have a healthy balance with food, fitness, and motherhood, shed fat, build muscle tone, reduce stress, improve sleep and gain back control of their lives.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: Hormones, nutrition, and Wellness
- What does a hormone imbalance look like?
- Steps to take if you suspect you have a hormone imbalance
- The importance of advocating for your health with a medical professional
- Giselle’s philosophy on diet and fitness, and how it differs from some of the toxic messages in the fitness world
- Finding the balance between achieving your fitness goals and becoming compulsive about them
Things we mentioned
- Giselle is offering her Healthy Hormone Blueprint free to our listeners! This resource will explain what hormones are and what they do, help you identify some symptoms of a hormone imbalance, and help you start the conversation with your doctor.
- Everly Well tests can be a great way to determine if further testing is needed.
- Kids Eat in Color is a great Instagram account for feeding kids.
- Primal Kitchen stir fry, Aidel’s frozen meatballs, and Kevin’s Natural Foods kits are all great frozen options for busy weeknights.
With back to school season upon us, health is on the forefront of every parent’s mind, which is why we’re excited to partner with Hiya Health.
Meet Hiya – a daily children’s multivitamin created by dads with 12 organic fruits & veggies and zero added SUGAR. While many other vitamins are candy in disguise, Hiya has zero artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, dyes, or gummy junk and delivers a cleaner, better option for kids.
We also love that the packaging is practically zero waste. Your first order will come with a refillable glass jar (with stickers so your child can decorate it). Then every month, they send eco-friendly vitamin refills…with zero plastic waste like you get with most vitamins. So it’s not just good for you — it’s also good for the environment.
For a limited time your first order is just $15! (a $15 savings) And shipping is FREE!
To get this deal go to okayestmoms.com/hiya.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: hormones, nutrition, and wellness
Episode 60. Our Imperfect Fitness Routines || Episode 69. Building Routines with Ashley || How to Maintain an Active Lifestyle as a Stay at Home Mom || After The Meds: Ways I’m Maintaining My Mental Health
SHARE YOUR OKAYEST MOM MOMENT
We’ve all had Okayest Mom Moments. Those moments in motherhood that make you pause and whisper “WTF?” under your breath. Those moments that are so unique to motherhood that if you don’t laugh, you might cry. These stories are meant to reassure you that no one is doing motherhood perfectly, and that there is beauty in the imperfection.
We’d love to feature yours on the podcast! Leave us a message at (916) 778-0545, or email us at [email protected].
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at [email protected]! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!