Heather and Brittany share simple ways to go green. This episode is designed to give you actionable takeaways to empower you to make changes that reduce your family’s carbon footprint. It may seem overwhelming at first, but we promise these are easy and will probably save you some money!
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: Go green
- The impact individual houses can have on climate change vs. the impact big business and law makers can have
- Energy saving tips that will save you money and are good for the environment
- Ways your food choices impact the environment, and simple changes to make
- Other household and miscellaneous behavior changes you can make with your family
THINGS WE MENTIONED
- If you want to learn more about water conservation and usage, we highly recommend Pantsuit Politics Infrastructure in Real Life: Water episode.
- The Makeup Eraser removes literally all of your makeup with just water, and can replace individual makeup wipes and/or cotton rounds.
- Make composting really easy with this galvanized compost can. Heather puts kitchen food scraps (potato peels, apple cores, zucchini stems, etc) and lines hers with these compostable bags. The can has a filter, and she’s never smelled anything, and things have gotten funky in there. Then, she tosses it in her green waste garbage can. **Check with your garbage company for composting options!
With back to school season upon us, health is on the forefront of every parent’s mind, which is why we’re excited to partner with Hiya Health.
Meet Hiya – a daily children’s multivitamin created by dads with 12 organic fruits & veggies and zero added SUGAR. While many other vitamins are candy in disguise, Hiya has zero artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, dyes, or gummy junk and delivers a cleaner, better option for kids.
We also love that the packaging is practically zero waste. Your first order will come with a refillable glass jar (with stickers so your child can decorate it). Then every month, they send eco-friendly vitamin refills…with zero plastic waste like you get with most vitamins. So it’s not just good for you — it’s also good for the environment.
For a limited time your first order is just $15! (a $15 savings) And shipping is FREE!
To get this deal go to okayestmoms.com/hiya.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
SHARE YOUR OKAYEST MOM MOMENT
We’ve all had Okayest Mom Moments. Those moments in motherhood that make you pause and whisper “WTF?” under your breath. Those moments that are so unique to motherhood that if you don’t laugh, you might cry. These stories are meant to reassure you that no one is doing motherhood perfectly, and that there is beauty in the imperfection.
We’d love to feature yours on the podcast! Leave us a message at (916) 778-0545, or email us at [email protected].
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at [email protected]! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!