Once Halloween is over, its game on for the holiday season, which means lots of holiday prep and routines for moms everywhere. Brittany and Heather talk about finding balance in the upcoming holiday season, how they’re preparing (or not preparing) for holiday shopping, gift giving, all the activities, treats, and everything in between.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: Holiday Prep & Routines
- Advent calendar ideas
- Elf on the Shelf ideas
- Decorating inside and out
- Santa logistics and handling a child who no longer believes
- Our thoughts on NYE
THINGS WE MENTIONED
- If you have a child who no longer believes in Santa, the book Love, Santa by Martha Brockenbrough is a great resource. Do not under any circumstances mistake it for just a nice book about Santa and read it to small children.
- Kinder Egg advent calendar
- Looking for a unique DIY Christmas gift? Make taco seasoning to give out to neighbors, friends, school staff, co-workers, or anyone else on your list!
- Want to do some holiday baking? Check out these recipes for Chocolate Oreo Pudding Cookies, Molasses Cookies, or Oreo Pudding Cookies
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
SHARE YOUR OKAYEST MOM MOMENT
We’ve all had Okayest Mom Moments. Those moments in motherhood that make you pause and whisper “WTF?” under your breath. Those moments that are so unique to motherhood that if you don’t laugh, you might cry. These stories are meant to reassure you that no one is doing motherhood perfectly, and that there is beauty in the imperfection.
We’d love to feature yours on the podcast! Leave us a message at (916) 778-0545, or email us at [email protected].
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at [email protected]! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!