Heather and Brittany sit down with Marti Kerner of Everyday Jewish Mom to talk about Hanukkah and Judaism. Marti shares a little history of Hanukkah, what it looks like for her family to celebrate, and how you can honor and learn more about Hanukkah in your home, even if you are not Jewish.
Marti Kerner is a mom of two who created the YouTube channel and blog, Everyday Jewish Mom, to share easy ways to celebrate Jewish holidays with your kids.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: Hanukkah and Judaism
- Why Hanukkah is celebrated
- Traditional food served at Hanukkah
- Other Jewish holidays and their meaning
- The challenges of raising Jewish kids during the Christmas season
- Appropriate ways to learn about and participate in Hanukkah when you are not Jewish
- How Marti approaches hard conversations with her children about anti-semitism
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
SHARE YOUR OKAYEST MOM MOMENT
We’ve all had Okayest Mom Moments. Those moments in motherhood that make you pause and whisper “WTF?” under your breath. Those moments that are so unique to motherhood that if you don’t laugh, you might cry. These stories are meant to reassure you that no one is doing motherhood perfectly, and that there is beauty in the imperfection.
We’d love to feature yours on the podcast! Leave us a message at (916) 778-0545, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at email@example.com! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!