Heather and Brittany are back from break, with a quick catch up of how 2022 has treated them so far. The Okayest Moms also share what’s working for them right now, from quick home organization, new routines, meal prepping, and products that are making life just a little easier in what is looking like yet another year of unprecedented times.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: what’s working now
- Why clinging to routines, even when you know they will be disrupted, is a form of self care
- Ways we’re approaching meal prep to make it less daunting
- The family calendar Brittany is loving
- The book that is making married life easier for Heather
THINGS WE MENTIONED: What’s Working now
- Brittany’s meal planning white board
- Utensil organizer to confuse your family
- This is the exact Cuisinart knife set mentioned (as recommended by Gee Thanks, Just Bought It). This set is almost identical, but in different colors, and a smidge cheaper.
- The Essential Calendar is our favorite and we will shout it from the rooftops. If you click through this link, you’ll get 10% off your order!
- Cozi is the best shared digital family calendar we’ve found.!
- Tami Hackbarth is a wealth of knowledge. We had her on the podcast, but be sure to check out her podcast as well.
- Fair Play by Eve Rodsky will change your life. Heather listened on Audible, but it’s available in hardcover too. There is also a Fair Play card deck to go along with the book, but it has been sold out for a while.
- Have you fallen for the Stanley Quencher craze? This is the newest Internet sensation, but check back on the website because they restock frequently.
- Is this Owala water bottle the perfect answer? It comes in 24 or 32 ounces, has a spout and straw in one, is leak proof, and keeps beverages cold for 24 hours.
- Solve all of your bed time issues with this LumiPets night light. Okay, that might be an oversell, but this night light is pretty cool! Did we mention it’s rechargeable?
SHARE YOUR OKAYEST MOM MOMENT
We’ve all had Okayest Mom Moments. Those moments in motherhood that make you pause and whisper “WTF?” under your breath. Those moments that are so unique to motherhood that if you don’t laugh, you might cry. These stories are meant to reassure you that no one is doing motherhood perfectly, and that there is beauty in the imperfection.
We’d love to feature yours on the podcast! Leave us a message at (916) 778-0545, or email us at email@example.com.
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!