Anyone else surprised at just how much time, energy, and thought goes in to feeding kids? Brittany and Heather talk to Amy Fernandez, a San Francisco based holistic health coach and plant based chef about introducing more foods to picky eaters, some of her favorite plant based meals, and her thoughts on regulating sugar.
about amy fernandez
Amy Fernandez Is a certified holistic health coach-graduating from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Amy is also a chef who’s specialty is plant forward cuisine. In addition, she also runs a food education program at a San Francisco school, There she cooks vegetarian meals for 150 children and staff, as well as cooking lessons for kids and parent education workshops.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: feeding kids
- Amy’s philosophy on nutrition, and how that translates to feeding kids
- Tips and approaches for kids who are still learning about food (*not* picky eaters!)
- Insight on how kids can grow out of being picky
- Snack ideas, and how to reframe snacks
- The importance of a schedule for feeding
- Thoughts on sugar and withholding treats
THINGS WE MENTIONED
- Amy mentioned Ellyn Satter’s website as a great source for feeding kids
- Empower Expand Evolve is Amy’s Joshua Tree retreat
SHARE YOUR OKAYEST MOM MOMENT
We’ve all had Okayest Mom Moments. Those moments in motherhood that make you pause and whisper “WTF?” under your breath. Those moments that are so unique to motherhood that if you don’t laugh, you might cry. These stories are meant to reassure you that no one is doing motherhood perfectly, and that there is beauty in the imperfection.
We’d love to feature yours on the podcast! Leave us a message at (916) 778-0545, or email us at email@example.com.
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!