In this episode, Heather and Brittany talk to Ashley Newell all about Lunar New Year. We deep dive into how Ashley, as a daughter of immigrants, celebrates and her unique perspective on the holiday. Ashley opens up about her experience with racism and gives her thoughts on how we can combat it within our own communities.
Ashley Newell is a digital content creator, wife, and mom of 3 from Elk Grove, CA. She loves exploring and telling people about hidden gems and local businesses. She is a recovering perfectionist trying to figure out the work/mom life balance. You can find her on Instagram and TikTok.
What To Listen For: Lunar New Year
- The difference between Chinese New Year and Lunar New Year
- Traditional foods eaten during Lunar New Year
- How to respectfully celebrate if you are non-Asian
- Anti-Asian racism and how we can combat it
Things We Mentioned
- Various books
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
88. Cultural Conversations: Kwanzaa || 87. Cultural Conversations: Hanukkah & Judaism || 86. Cultural Conversations: Dia De Los Muertos & Diwali
Check In With The Okayest Moms
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at [email protected]! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!
Podcast: Play in new window
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
[…] Cultural Conversations: Lunar New Year with Ashley […]