With mask mandates at school as clear as mud, Heather and Brittany discuss peer pressure, and how to handle it with young kids. The Okayest Moms also discuss bullying, teaching our kids about “safe” adults, and the challenges each of these present.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: Peer Pressure
- Why we are talking about peer pressure with our elementary aged kids
- What our conversations around peer pressure look like
- Good vs. bad peer pressure
- Balancing teaching your kids about the bad things in the world and protecting them from them
things we mentioned
- Episode 66. Raising Boys has great conversation techniques specifically for communicating with boys
SHARE YOUR OKAYEST MOM MOMENT
We’ve all had Okayest Mom Moments. Those moments in motherhood that make you pause and whisper “WTF?” under your breath. Those moments that are so unique to motherhood that if you don’t laugh, you might cry. These stories are meant to reassure you that no one is doing motherhood perfectly, and that there is beauty in the imperfection.We’d love to feature yours on the podcast! Leave us a message at (916) 778-0545, or email us at email@example.com.
CHECK IN WITH THE OKAYEST MOMS
We see this podcast as a conversation with friends. Except all you can do is listen. Ha! But, if you have something to add, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Or you can find us on our blog, or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We even have an Etsy shop!