It’s our annual summer break but it’s the perfect time to have a few of the “thousands of tiny conversations” we talk about in this episode. Heather and Brittany talk to sex educator Amy Lang, MA. With over 25 years of experience as a sex educator, Amy shares a practical, scalable approach to having the birds and bees conversation with your kids, and why it’s never too early to start.
ABOUT amy lang
Amy Lang, MA has been a sexual health educator for over 25 years. Surprised by her discomfort with just the idea of talking with her young son about his body, she knew she needed help. Amy did a bunch of research to learn how to talk with kids about bodies and sexuality and realized she could help other parents with this important part of parenting.
In 2006 she started Birds & Bees & Kids. With her lively, engaging, and down-to-earth style she helps parents become comfortable and confident talking with their kids. Amy’s books, online solutions center, and podcast called “Just Say This”, show parents they really can become their kids’ go-to birds and bees source.
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR: birds and bees
- When to start having conversations about sex with your kids
- What kids need to know at each age and stage
- How social media and the Internet changes these conversations
Things We Mention
- Amy’s new book, Sex Talk with Tweens- What to Say and How to Say It
- Birds + Bees + Your Kids is Amy’s first book that offers scripts to help parents before they begin conversations with their children
OKAYEST MOMS: THE PODCAST COMMUNITY
Facebook: Okayest Moms Community