This post contains affiliate links.
Have you heard of Dr. Gary Chapman’s 5 Love Languages? His work speaks to the different ways we all give and receive love. The 5 love languages are: Acts of Service, Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, Receiving Gifts and Quality Time. Everyone is different and knowing that language for each person in your family is a valuable relationship tool. You can take the test here.
To make all the moms in our life feel loved, look at the way she expresses her love to others: does she give you thoughtful gifts? Is she a hugger? Does she carve time out of her day to ask you how you are doing? These are the clues to her love language.
We’ve compiled a list of our Mother’s Day gifts that are sure to please according to the 5 Love Languages.
Acts of Service
- There’s no better way to say I love you than to take over mom’s chores. The Roomba is the investment that keeps on giving. Even for those people who love vacuuming, having a “robot” who does it while you’re out of the house or asleep is such a time saver!
- Take a load off of mom! Let her get pampered with a mani/pedi gift certificate.
- Make meal time more delicious with a subscription meal service. HelloFresh is a favorite around here but there are a lot of subscription meal companies for every lifestyle and diet.
- A soul-reviving bath is perfect for those who receive their love through physical touch. This bath bomb set is the perfect gift for that mom in your life.
- Weighted blankets are all the rage. The therapeutic benefits are amazing and promote not just a deep, restful sleep but help with anxiety and sensory processing.
- Surround her with beauty with this Philosophy gift set that includes body creme, body oil mist and spray fragrance.
- Treat the gift lover with a beautiful copper french press coffee maker. Throw in a coffee subscription from the small, mama owned shop, Crooks & Coffee and it’s the gift that keeps on giving.
- Jewelry is always a crowd pleaser–these Kate Spade studs are beautiful for every day wear or can be dressed up for a night out.
- For the casual, every day wear, this Mommin’ Ain’t Easy line of tees by Little Hooligans Co are so soft and super fun!
Words of Affirmation
- For the mom with a sense of humor, this Kardashian Kard will get all the laughs.
- Surviving Motherhood one sip at a time, indeed. Drinkware and apparel from Mom Life Must Haves are a must have to celebrate mom.
- The Dogeared Mom + Me collection boasts some beautiful pieces that mom will love. This one coupled with the inspirational quote on the packaging is perfect for the Words of Affirmation mama.
- Does mom like to travel? A day trip to somewhere fun is a winner for the Quality Time mom. The beach? The city? Ask her where her favorite place is then take her. If she likes surprises, Pack Up And Go Travel Company is a fun way to plan.
- Be game for quality time with mom with KinderPerfect, a party game for parents.
- If you’re buying for the mom of your children, a DIY wine tasting at home with these tasting glasses and a Tasting Room subscription is a creative way to show her she’s appreciated.
Leave a Reply