Listen to The Okayest Moms Podcast
The Okayest Moms is a community for the modern mom. Each week, co-hosts Brittany and Heather talk about a range of topics from motherhood to frivolous reality tv and everything in between. We believe in self-care, mom friends as our sanity, and that motherhood looks different for everyone. Most of all, we believe that you are more than just mom. Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts!
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
- 107. Disneyland Tips and TricksBoth Brittany and Heather are fresh off of trips to Disneyland in the last few months, and have some Disneyland Tips and Tricks to share! Listen for their experiences with the new Genie+ system, explain the difference between Genie+ and Lightning Lanes, and answer the age old question, “Is Disneyland worth the money?”
- 106. What We’re Watching, Reading, and Listening to NowLife continues to teeter on the edge of a dystopian nightmare, which means we are leaning into our favorite coping mechanism- escapism. We’re sharing the reality shows, docu-series, dramas, and sitcoms we’ve been enjoying, as well as the book titles we’ve read and listened too.
- Okayest Mom Moments 6You know those moments in motherhood that make you pause and whisper “WTF?” under your breath? Those moments that are so unique to motherhood that if you don’t laugh, you might cry? These stories are meant to reassure you that no one is doing motherhood perfectly, and that there is beauty in the imperfection.
- 105. Helping Children Cope With Grief With Andrea DornDeath and grief is complicated at any age, but particularly in children. In this episode, Brittany and Heather speak to Andrea Dorn about helping children cope with grief and other big feelings after the death of a loved one in their life.
- 104. Kids’ Birthday Party Norms & ExpectationsBirthday parties are back in full swing! Maybe it’s the lull in the pandemic, the season, the age of our kids- whatever it is, it seems like every day our kids bring home a new invitation and the calendar is full of birthday parties. Heather and Brittany birthday party norms and expectations, including how they handle birthday parties with their children, and the results of an Instagram poll.
- 103. Imperfect Sustainability with Addie FisherHeather and Brittany talk to Addie Fisher of Old World New about imperfect sustainability, and making more sustainable and Earth friendly choices in your home. Addie shares how to strike the balance between sustainable and perfect, small changes you can make now, and actionable ways to advocate for change.
- 102. What’s Working Now: Skin Care RoutinesHeather and Brittany share what is working right now in their skin care routines, including their favorite products they are currently using, and new habits they’ve adopted to support their skin care routines.
- 101. How to Talk to Your Kids About War With Dr. Bethany CookHow to talk about war with your kids is probably a topic you’d like to never have to discuss with your children, but unfortunately it’s a fact of life. If you are struggling with how to talk about the war in Ukraine about the conflict with Russia and the world, then this is a must listen episode.
- Okayest Mom Moments 5Listen in as we read and hear your stories about imperfect motherhood in our new series, Okayest Mom Moments!