Updated April 2020
I know “best cookie ever” sounds like an oversell, but I promise you, these Oreo Pudding Cookies are the best cookie ever. Every time I make these, people rave about them and ask for the recipe. Even people who “don’t like sweets” (aka weirdos).
With all the holiday events coming up in the next few months, these are sure to be a hit. They aren’t too “Christmas-y” either, so they could totally work for Thanksgiving or a Friendsgiving. Or in the middle of July because they are seriously so good. The pudding mix makes these softer than regular cookies and this recipe will definitely be added to you rotation.
These are my go-to cookie exchange party cookie and they keep for a couple days and freeze really well, so they could easily be made ahead and pulled out for an office pot luck or passed out to neighbors on a cute plate like this one I snagged at the Target Dollar Spot (where else?).
Oreo Pudding Cookies
This cookie is soft, chocolatey, and absolutely perfect.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped Oreos
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars together. Mix in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the Oreos and white chocolate chips.
4. Roll tablespoon sized balls onto baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool and move to a baking rack.
Vanilla instant pudding is a perfect substitute for white chocolate instant pudding.
Ingredients for Oreo Pudding Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 (3.4 oz) package white chocolate instant pudding mix
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped Oreos (Must be Oreos! I’ve tried this with Trader Joe’s Joe Joe’s and they just weren’t the same!)
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. I like to use a Silpat baking mat (affiliate link) for easy clean up and even baking.
2. Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars together. Mix in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the Oreos and white chocolate chips.
3. Roll tablespoon sized balls onto baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool and move to a baking rack.
If you love these Oreo Pudding Cookies, you’ll love these Chocolate Oreo Pudding Cookies too!
Hannah Crosby says
These look amazing! I can’t wait to try to make them!
Let me know what you think!
Emilee W. says
Heaven! I can’t wait to try!
You will love them!
These look so good, love the idea of adding pudding!
The pudding makes them SO soft.
How many servings does this make? Looking to make these for a cookie exchange
I can usually get 4 dozen and some change out of them. I’ve always had enough for a cookie exchange!