This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting the Okayest Moms!
Wire word art has been in the back of my mind to attempt to DIY for awhile. To be honest, I’ve held off on doing this because I thought it as going to be super time consuming and tedious but I was so wrong! It ended up being super easy and something that makes a big statement. Check out my tips below to make your own.
Stay tuned to the bottom of this post to download your own wire word art templates.
wire word art – supplies
- Craft wire
- Wire cutters
- Word art templates
A note about choosing a wire: The thicker it is, the harder it is to maneuver. Either works and totally depends on the look you’re going for. I used a 16 gauge craft wire which is pretty middle of the road. This rose gold wire would be really cute for a bedroom wire word art!
wire word art – steps
- Decide what word or phrase you want and design it (or download one of ours below!)
- Shape the wire around the letters on your template, this maneuvering takes some getting used to but once you figure it out, it goes fast
- When you get to the end of your word, trim wire with your wire cutters
- That’s it!
Tips and tricks for your best wire word art
- You can use string to trace around the words you want to create then use that as a guide so you can cut the wire ahead of time. This is much easier than maneuvering the spool of wire around.
- Add “stakes” at the beginning and end of a word so you can place in a planter or vase (pictured below). Wire word art markers for herb pots would be super cute!
Wire Word Art Templates
Feel free to click on any of the above templates to download and use for your own DIY. If you use these templates, please make sure to tag @OkayestMomsBlog on Instagram so we can see your beautiful work!