Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Leprechaun Hunt or Leprechaun trap? St.Patrick’s Day 2020 was the start of the pandemic and I was at peak Let’s-Make-Lemonade-Out-of-Lemons pandemic attitude. So, I put together a hunt for my kids and I can’t even believe how much fun it was for them (and me!) with very little prep on my end––which is obviously ideal.
St. Patrick’s Day is about a month away so we are sharing this free Leprechaun Hunt printable to make your planning a breeze.
The printable is designed to be general enough to work in any home. But, if it doesn’t quite fit your living situation, I’ve included blank cards so you can write in your own clues.
Place the first clue anywhere in your home. Try to make it an obvious spot where the hunters will be able to notice it. We start ours in our downstairs bathroom––I like to put some green food coloring in the toilet and a bit of confetti––my kids think this is hilarious.
If you’re like me and need a visual map for where to put the clues, here is the order:
- Clue 1: Your choice (we do downstairs bathroom)
- Clue 2: Kid’s bed
- Clue 3: Freezer or refrigerator
- Clue 4: Laundry Room
- Clue 5: Under a dining room chair
- Clue 6: Shower/bath
- Clue 7: TV or entertainment center
- Clue 8: Kid’s closet or dresser drawer
- Pot of Gold: Garage, driveway, or in vehicle
Leprechaun Hunt: Pot of Gold Ideas
You can make this as simple or as elaborate as you want. Below are a few ideas to get your wheels turning:
- A plastic pot filled with gold candy coins at the end would be thrilling for kids of any age
- This rainbow book is a good tie in to the theme with a beautiful story and illustrations
- A St. Paddy’s Day balloon bouquet from our friend Jessica at Frosting and Fringe would be a super fun way to celebrate –– follow Frosting and Fringe on Instagram for more information!
- A cookie kit from a local baker
- St. Patrick’s Day tattoos and a watercolor set to draw rainbows
With this hunt, the possibilities are endless! Have fun with it and make sure to share your hunt on Instagram and tag us, we’d love to see!